Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Parting, is such SWEET sorrow!

Here is what i'll miss the most, when i leave for Florida!


Although i'm totally looking forward to, and anticipating this "dream of my lifetime" trip, i do wish that my family could all go with me! (wish i had pics of ALL my nieces and nephews and of course my Bro & his wife)

I know i'm going to see many things that i wish they could see, plus watching the kiddo's playing in the sand and water! Pictures don't always capture the magnificence of the whole scene.....the palm tree's blowing in the tropical breeze, the smell of magnolias, and of course the camping out and grilling, not to mention all of the "high" points of interest, like Cape Canaveral, Daytona Beach, the awesome "green" waters of the Keys (if they're not Oil soaked) by the time we get there! so many historic things like Hemingway's homestead in Key West, the sunrise's and sunset's of the Gulf of Mexico! it's just all to much for a camera to relate to those back home! *sadly* Also, on our way back, we will be coming up the Gulf side to Fort Myers and Naples for a few days, then onto whatever catches our fancy! Plus when we start back up the East Coast, we will stop at Savannah (Tybee Island) for a couple days. That's when we will go to Paula Deen's Restaurant (The Lady & Sons)....talk about another dream i've had...she's my very favorite cook on TV, and i just know i'll love seeing her place!

Doing this trip with 3 very good friends is the icing on the cake!! One (Kippy) i grew up with, and we were always hanging out and laughing like nuts....we went our separate ways shortly after high school, and re-connected about 3 years ago! What an Awesome thing that was....she has moved with a dear friend (Betty) to North Carolina, and that is where we will be connecting before we all 4 head south! the friend leaving with me from up here(Lynne) is a fairly recent friend (4-5 years) but it's like we've known each other for years! so much of our past is intertwined with family members, and common interests! It's just going to be an awesome, blessed, interesting time with great friends in beautiful tropical scenic area's! in case you haven't noticed, i'm totally super hyped!!!

i will try to write as often as i can, and keep you informed of all we're doing and what you're missing!! hahaha that was mean, i know, but i want you all to see what i see, and so i will also TRY to post some pics....i will be using Kip's laptop, so it's foreign to me as far as posting pics, so bear with me!!

That's it for now....i must go pull all the loose ends together, because tomorrow is my last day here! i'll have to check ALL of my lists at least two more times, and do some last minute business tomorrow, so thanks for all your prayers and interest in my trip, and i'll do my very best to keep in touch!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, we are off to the keys. Its was soooooo good to get back in touch with my old friend Jeanne. After many many yrs. and almost growing up together I am in my glory to find her and re connect. It will be a ball. Four people and 3 dogs whoooooooo in a 30 ft. trailer. Its a experence for all of us and a VACATION never forgotton. KIPPY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! Bring pictures to the reunion in the fall. Travel safe! Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. PTL for connecting Kippy and me again!! if it weren't for her, this trip wouldn't have happened! God is good - all the time, and HE knew my buddy and i were meant to be "forever" friends!! and BJ & Lynne are like i've known them forever too! God has truly joined us all together for this trip of a lifetime!! and who know what else HE has in store for all of us! it's a GREAT life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Darlene...believe me i'll fill that camera card up many many times! i may go broke getting pictures made! hahaha what better souvenirs???

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope you have the time of your life...no one deserves it more...love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just have to let me (Lisa) know how Paula's place is! I can smell the aroma now. :)

    ReplyDelete